Savoury Welsh Rarebit Muffins
- 20 grams Schwartz Season For All
- 1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 75 grams butter
- 185 grams mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250 ml milk
- For the topping:
- 150 grams mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Cracked black pepper and rock salt
- 10 large muffin cases and muffin tin
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
Sieve the flour and Schwartz Season For All into a large mixing bowl and add the mustard.
Rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs then add the cheese and stir in the egg and milk.
Spoon the mix into the muffin cases. Sprinkle a little cheese and paprika over the top of each.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked through. Test with a skewer to check.
Remove to a cooling rack then serve whilst warm.
Products used in this recipe:
People who liked this recipe also liked: